Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Paperartsy Aqua Challenge

I bought some new craft goodies yesterday, mainly dylusions inks and distress oxides, so I decided to spend the evening trying them out and decided that the challenge - Aqua - over at Paperartsy at the moment would be perfect.

I started off by blending cracked pistachio and broken china distress oxides on some white cardstock. Then I sprayed some polished jade dylusions through a paperartsy stencil but I didn't really get the effect I wanted so I went back over the stencil with some more broken china ink. I quite like the halo effect it's given to some of the circles. I then stamped with some turquoise archival straight onto the background with some free stamps from a magazine. I'd found these adorable wooden pieces when I was craft shopping and thought they'd be perfect; the branch is painted with stone and claret frescos for a pop of colour. The bird was painted with claret, crackle and mermaid but it didn't really work so I overheated the paint with my heat tool so it bubbled then added some patina guilding wax over the surface. The sentiment is from the Dina Wakley stamp set scribbly birds.

I had lots more fun making backgrounds last night so will hopefully have a few more projects to show in the near future!



10 comments:

  1. I love the contrast between the aqua and the claret colour. Lovely. C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background Emma! Love your creation. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, emma, wonderful oriental feel to it,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, I love this Dina sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love those ink colours together! Its very nocturnal looking and almost like moonlight shining through dome of the lighter patches! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge! Leandra

    ReplyDelete